BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yesterday was the big day. Bryce had tubes put in his ears. We were told to be there at 7 a.m. because Bryce was not allowed to eat or drink anything before the procedure. So we were there at 6:45 a.m. and waited, and waited, and waited. During this time Bryce was throwing a fit to leave becasue I'm sure he was getting very hungry. So finally at 9 a.m. they came in to take him back. Parents aren't allowed to go back there. Bryce was a bit unwilling to go without me so the nurses showed him the handicapped button to open the doors so he could push it and open the doors to go back (he likes pushing those buttons) and he walked back with the nurses. We were told that he might be cranky and crying while the anesthesia is wearing off because it feels like your drunk while it is and kids don't like that feeling. About 10-15 minutes later they rolled Bryce in the room in his bed and he was crying a little bit. He cried probably about maybe a minute and not screaming crying either, just a normal whining cry. Then he just wanted me to hold him. After a few minutes though he started to get very cranky cause he wanted to leave and go home. So we got to go home, he laid on the chair. I had enough time to get up to class and take a test. When I came home an hour later he's up and playing and back to his normal self. He seems to be doing just fine right now so hopefully things will just keep getting better.

4 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

They wouldn't let you go with him? How horrible for both of you! I'm glad that he's doing so well! These little one bounce back so quickly, if only it were the same for us...

Aner said...

Awwww poor little guy! Kids bounce back so fast, don't they? I wish we adults could be like that!

Aner said...

Ha Ha my post is almost the same as Aubrey's....guess I should have read hers first!

J.C. Carlson said...

I just saw this thing! How on earth are you posting and I don't know about it??

Bryce is doing great since getting the tubes in his ears. His speech seems a tad clearer!