BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Potty training

We have recently started back up on potty training. I read some ideas in a book of what you can do to get toddlers motivated to want to use the potty and one of the ideas was giving them money. Bryce like putting coins into his piggy bank so I tried that and it worked! he would sit on the potty each night and get a penny that he could put in his piggy bank. Then he started using it in the morning. Pretty soon he would just sit on it and I don't have to give him a coin anymore. He asks to sit on it. He will take off his pjs or pants and diaper himself and sit down. We read books and do little nursery songs that he will sing with me. So even though he will sit for a pretty good fair amount of time he won't use it. If he has to go he will ask to put his diaper back on and then go to the bathroom. But last night we were singing and reading and went pee in the potty! So he got a quarter to go put in his piggy bank. I'm hoping that will motivate him to use more.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

That's a really good idea! We've tried just about everything else but Bauer wants nothing to do with the potty. Maybe we'll have to try that method next.

J.C. Carlson said...

I might have to give that little guy some money to put in his bank!