BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

THE MOMMY SURVEY

1. Age: 16 months

2. Name: Bryce James

3. Birthday: September 8th

4. Time of Birth: 5:21 p.m.

5. How ling did labor last?: I think around 8 hours. I was already at 4.5 cm the day before when I went in for my checkup at the Doctors.

6. Who was in the room with you?: Dustin, My mom, Aubrey, and Hannah; and of course the doctor and 2 nurses.

7. How long did you push?: I don't remember I had an epidural and they gave me another kind of shot right before that for the pain so it's kinda fuzzy.

8. Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz

9. Length: 20 inches

10. Any hair?: Beautiful light blonde hair and a bleach blonde swirl on the bakc of his head which he still has.

11. Who does the baby look like?: Everyone said Dustin when he was first born. Now I think it's a mixture of the two of us.

12. Be honest...How much weight did you gain while pregnant: Only me, the nurses, and Doctor knows that...and that's now it's going to stay.

13. Was the baby early or late?: He was right on time. They gave me two different due dates and he was born right in between the days.

14. Who drove you home from the hospital?: Dustin

15. How many baby showers did you have?: 1

16. When did baby start sleeping through the night?: Pretty early I think it was around 2 1/2 to 3 months.

17. Did you breastfeed?: I tried to, I pumped instead.

18. Who takes care of your baby the most?: I do.

19. When do you want to have another baby?: Before Bryce gets to old.

20. How did you pick the name?: I've liked the name for awhile so I decided that's what it was going to be, since I didn't exactly have much help from Dustin.

21. How did you know it was time to go to the hospital?: I woke up having contractions like 5 minutes apart already so I called my mom and Aubrey to see what I should do. Then I called the hospital and they told me I should come in.

22. Anyone spend the night with you your first night home?: Aubrey was there to help me out.

23. Did you cry the first time you held your baby?: Yes. The doctor put him on my stomach after he came out and he was so beautiful I couldn't help but cry.

24. Where was the baby born?: Aurora Medical Center in Two Rivers, WI.

25. Did you video tape the birth?: No.

26. Most rewarding thing about being a mom?: Everything. I love seeing Bryce grow everyday and learn new things.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

I think you pushed for about 20 minutes! (I only remember because we got there right at the top of the hour and you were just starting.)

::shakes fist:: Everybody else told their weight!!

Anonymous said...

I remember the beautiful event when Bryce was born. Aubrey, Hannah, and I were able to be there with Rachael and Dustin when Bryce took that first breath! It is a moment I'll never forget. And yes, Rachael did cry when she saw her son for the first time. Just remembering that never-to-be-duplicated instant in time makes my eyes well up now - 16 months later!